My name is Cynthia Gutierrez and I earned my MFA in Media, Technology, & Entertainment at Florida Atlantic University in Spring 2014. I am a 3d graphics artist with strong modeling and animation skills. I also have experience creating computer programming projects as well as leadership and team project experience.
Florida Atlantic University
MFA in Media, Technology, and Entertainment
August 2011 – May 2014 • Boca Raton, FL
Florida Atlantic University
BA in Multimedia Studies: Film, Video, & New Media
July 2007 – May 2011 • Boca Raton, FL
Janurary 2016 – May 2016 • Lake Worth, FL
• Teach a wide variety of courses in the Graphic Design Communications department.
• Teaching Multimedia Design where students are learning to create content for the web using Adobe Edge Animate, editing sound in Audition, and 2D game development using Unity 3D. Students are also introduced to creating motion graphics in After Effects CC.
• Teaching Intro to Mac Graphics course where students are introduced to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign and learn to create artwork for print through a series of projects.
• Teaching Multimedia Animation where students learn how to create animations and incorporate interactivity using Flash CC.
June 2015 – August 2015 • Boca Raton, FL
• Teaching the Introduction to 3D Animation course using Autodesk Maya software where I introduced students to the basic 3D concepts of 3D space including modeling, lighting, texture and animation.
• Keep students engaged in their studies through engaging and challenging assignments, tutoring, and mentorship.
• Participate in student assessment activities, including portfolio/demo reel assessment, collecting and assessing embedded assignments, and analysis of assessments, in order to enhance the quality of the program(s).
Exploring Digital Animation Instructor
July 21, 2014 – July 25, 2014 • Coral Springs, FL
• Taught students between the ages of 8-12, how to create animation and computer programming.
• Created tutorials to introduce the software and help them learn problem solving skills to expand their creativity.
• Encouraged students to assist their colleagues with their projects.
Assistant Director of Broward Campuses
July 2013 – May 2014 • Davie, FL
• Proof read material, insuring information is grammatically correct and followed agency protocol.
• Maximized brand exposure through marketing materials and social media platforms.
• Utilized Adobe Create Suite to create marketing materials, building exposure for events.
• Marketed and presented information educating students on support services at the school.
Program Coordinator of Broward Campuses
January 2012 – May 2013 • Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Met with team members to ensure project focus and deadlines were maintained.
• Develop material and information on social media platforms.
• Researched and used images that maintained company brand.
• Prepare marketing materials such as posters and flyers for printing.
Symposium, 2014 FVNM Creative Projects Symposium, Florida Atlantic University - Boca Raton, FL (Ocean Adventure Android Game (2014))
3rd Annual Art of Academia Competition, Florida Atlantic University - Boca Raton, FL (Curator of Exhibition)
2nd Annual GPSA Art of Academia Competition, Florida Atlantic University - Boca Raton, FL (“La Marioneta-Madeline Escaping, digital print (2013)”)
Reel 7 Micro-Cinema Screening: Morphing Cities, Florida Atlantic University - Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Curator for Micro-film screening project)
Film Festival, 2nd Annual Flamingo Film Festival, Florida Atlantic University - Fort Lauderdale, FL (School of Communications & Multimedia Studies : Curator and Graphic Designer for exhibition)
2012 Video New Media Show, Florida Atlantic University - Fort Lauderdale, FL (“Greebo the Spaceboy in the Human Body iPad game (2012),” and "Etch A’ Sketch in 3D, digital print (2011)” )
1st Annual GSA Art of Academia Competition., Florida Atlantic University - Boca Raton, FL (“Playing God, digital print (2011)”)
2011 Video New Media Show, Floridda Atlantic University - Fort Lauderdale, FL (“Bouncing Ball Narrative, Animation (2010)”, “The Puppeteer, digital print (2011),” and “Vending Machine Vendetta, Animation (2010)” )
Photoshop Animation AfterEffects Graphic Design 3D Video Maya
3D Animation and 3D Graphics